A few days agp this blog was nominated for a 'make my day' award by both Paula from The Beauty of Life and Carol from Threads Across the Web. Thank you to both of them, it's nice to know that there are artists out there who appreciate the amount of time and effor it takes to produce some of this work.
I've had a think about who to pass this award onto and here's the list in no particular order, I couldn't decide on 10, so I put a in a few more:
- The Beauty of Life - "The Beauty of Life is a reference to a lecture given by William Morris in 1880. His golden rule: “Have nothing in your house which you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful” is a rule by which I aspire to live."
- Threads Across the Web - Carol-Anne is one of my Japanese embroidery colleagues
- Mboogiedown: Japan - The adventures of an American JET, stranded between nowhere and somewhere, Gifu, Japan.
- Kimono and Kitsuke - Fun with kimono, kitsuke some art & theater
- Clues for the Clueless - Michael raises his own silkworms and spins his own silk which he then used for weaving
- Sew in Love - Known stitchcraft addict with financially hazardous thread fetish.
- Crazy Here and Now - WELCOME to the place where I share what's happening in my "crazy" life... my fabric-fiber fetish, sane & crazy quilting attempts, photographs and some of the things that we do UP here in the northwoods of Michigan.
- Lucky Kate Crafts - Designer and maker based in Rutland, UK
- Poppalina - Shula and Mym are a mother/daughter team from Melbourne who love to make things out of fabric and yarn.
- Crasy Daisy - A collection of images that inspire me, the textile work I enjoy making and links to things I have enjoyed.
- Hand Embroidered Goodness - Graduate of the Royal School of Needlework. I love to create unique, hand embroidered jewellery
- Lady Jane's Journal - After 12 years of making costumes professionally I now freelance making historical reproduction clothing and costumes. I enjoy several other creative activities including embroidery, lace making, and patchwork.
- Life, Needlework and Everything - I love all kinds of needlework. At one time I did many cross stitch reproduction samplers, then I moved on to other stitches, threads and even needlepoint pillows. Now I'm in love with stumpwork and silk threads and I'm moving away from kits to try my own designs.
- Red Thread Studio - This is a blog about global textile traditions and techniques, fabrics and fashions of the future that are organic, sustainable, functional and innovative, and textile art and artists.