I decided that I'd work the blossoms in two shades of silk in both twisted and flat silk with padding for some of them. I used three layers of padding with four strands of padding cotton in each layer.
The plum worked in flat silk has no padding.
I'm not sure how this will actually work out when I take it off the frame. The weave of this fabric has turned out to be looser than I thought, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep the tension once it is taken off the frame. If it relaxes too much the stitching may pucker, but it's all a bit of an experiment so we shall see. The fabric bolt is kimono length so I've got plenty left and I'm sure I'll find a use for it.
For the light pink blossoms the front blossom is twisted silk with padding, the next one back is twisted silk without padding, and the last is flat silk with no padding.
Stamens of plum, they still need to be couched down and the pollen will be worked in sagara-nui (knots).