Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Every cloud has a gold lining

Had a go at one of the gold cloud sections on the fan, to see what it looked like and to break up the gold couching which is not one of my favorite techniques.

On the instructions for this section it doesn't give any details on what colour couching thread to use. Standard couching thread for gold is red but there are other options, gold for example. On the colour picture I have it looks like gold couching has been used as it's very difficult to make out the twists and turns of the gold thread. I decided I wanted to make these curves more obvious so used red couching.


I really like how this has come out and am very pleased I decided to use the red couching. The second section of gold will go in the gap between the pine and the waves, but I'll give myself a break from couching now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...