Thursday, 1 May 2008

100 hours

As regular readers will know we Japanese embroiderers spend a huge amount of time working on a single piece. Although I've tracked the time spent on my pieces by noting when they were started and finished this was only a rough guide (started in September finished in December, kind of thing), I've never kept track of exactly how many hours I spend on each piece, until now ... and here we have the result of 100 hours of stitching.


Actually it's 111.75 - but that doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it?

This design is adapted from the famous Konbuin fukusa, I'll do a post about them over on the other blog. Quick picture of the original below.

5 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Patience is a must with Japanese embroidery as every single stitch needs to be perfectly laid in place so I am absolutely not surprised at all that you have been spending over 100 hours on that piece. It is lovely.

I do love Japanese embroidery so much and wish I could learn it, but I would have to travel quite a bit in order to do so.

I guess that I will have to live vicariously through you (big smile)

Your work is wonderful and I also love to read on your other blog.

Pierrette =^..^=

shiborigirl said...

just amazing! my first visit to your blog has left me speechless!
i visit coralseas as well which was my first encounter with japanese embroidery.

Susie said...

I'm not at all surprised at the amount of time, such wonderfully detailed work. i thought I was reasonable patient......but you have patience in abundance....

Sue (inpatient to see more of your beautiful work!!)

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

Saw you on Flickr Stitched by Hand and had to pop in to see your blog. You do really beautiful work!

I'm a self taught seamstress. I haven't attempted embroidery of any sort yet, but your work makes me want to give it a try.

Elisabeth Braun said...

Wow, I couldn't imagine having the patience! I think the dog portrait at the top of my blog is the most time consuming piece I've ever done, but I don't see myself going there again for a good, long while!

Looking good though, is that 111 hour piece! And I think 111 hours has a very impressive ring!=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...