Thursday, 24 July 2008

Japan Day 2008

Well there has been a bit of a gap in my posts. Life here has been very busy for the past few weeks, so I have done very little stitching.

Last Saturday was Japan Day 2008 in Liverpool where we had a stand and were demonstrating our stitching. We had a great day and were overwhelmed by the number of visitors we had to our stall and by all the lovely things they had to say about our work. A big thank you to everyone who came along and said hello.

We had lots of interest from all age groups

I am surrounded by Japanese embroidery every day and see so much beautiful work by my fellow students that I forget sometimes there aren't that many of us and am always surprised by the reaction of people who are seeing traditional Japanese embroidery for the first time.
I shouldn't be really as it is the same response I had, but it is lovely to experience and even more lovely to talk to new people about my passion.

Lena and Carol-Anne deep in conversation with some visitors
Me working on Iris Stream (it's nearly finished I promise!)
Carol-Anne working on Bridge Between East and West - a new design introduced at the 2007 World Exhibition
Sue working on Bouquet from the heart of Japan

2 comments:

paulahewitt said...

great to see you having such a good time. wish i could have visited!

Anonymous said...

It is so good when one can see the face "behind" the blog. Nice meeting you! Happy to know about the good time you had.
Miriam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...