Sunday, 21 September 2008

And suddenly as if by magic ...

First take a piece of kimono silk. Think about some colours and techniques and exchange emails with your tutor for some advice on colours, then start to stitch. Then stitch some more ... ... and a little bit more ... ... and a little bit more ... and suddenly, as if by magic (well some 50 hours of stitching later), a lovely bunch of flowers have arrived in my front room!

This has been an interesting piece to stitch, kind of half way between creating a full design from scratch and stitching a pre-designed piece. I have enjoyed figuring out colours and techniques and have learned quite a lot, about what both works and what doesn't.

4 comments:

Elmsley Rose said...

WOW!

Plays with Needles said...

This is lovely to watch! YOu made it look so easy...but I know differently *wink

I really love the shading on the pale pink flower. Bravo!

Elisabeth Braun said...

Need I say it? Lovely!=)

Jackie said...

HI Jane

This looks really wonderful and as always stitched really well. I am sure you will always enjoy looking at your Bouquet of Flowers.

Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...