Sunday, 5 October 2008

Iris & class

Seems ages since I last posted, and having checked the date on the last post, it has been a while. Treasure Ship is progressing slowly but surely, but there have been very few changes which are interesting to share. At this point it requires a lot of repetitive work and one pine is very much like the next! For anyone who's counting I'm up to about 180 hours and the end is in sight. Just had a very enjoyable week in Bournemouth with all my stitching friends old and new. I always feel a bit cut off up here in the cold and damp north, hours away from everyone else, so it is always nice to meet up, exchange news, and catch up with what everyone has been doing. Two of our stitching colleagues from Guernsey are having an exhibition of their work which started yesterday. If you are going to be on the island in the next month visit the exhibition at the Coach House Gallery, Les Islets, St Peters, Guernsey until 7th November. Three of the five days in Bournemouth were spent working on treasure ship, one day was spent choosing colours and doing some preparation for a new piece, and another day on the iris' which are now completed. I am very pleased with how they have turned out and have learned a lot working on this interesting fabric, which will I'm sure stand me in good stead for future pieces. These iris' were always intended to be offered for sale at one of the local galleries here, but I have to admit I'll be sorry to see them go.

4 comments:

coral-seas said...

I don't think it matters whether you are in the cold, damp North or the mild Midlands, we all feel cut off from our fellow students (especially when most of them are in Bo'mo without us). Thank goodness for the internet so we can stay in touch between classes.

Someone said to me that watching JE on a blog is like watching paint dry. That may be so for some but those of us that love JE are hungry for every detail.

Every update is eagerly awaited.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Very pretty and interesting design. Is any of the background stitched? Or are the "stepping stones" part of the fabric?

I'd hate to let this go also but you know, the fun is in the stitching journey. I don't keep many pieces myself.

Jane said...

Thank you both for your comments. The stepping stones are stitched in 'line of staggered diagonals'.

Jackie said...

I too missed not being at Bournemouth, there is something about being around people of like mind that really encourages you to stitch and stich.

I am looking forward to being there next year.

Your Iris' look really lovely and if they were mine I could not bear to part with them.

Happy stitching


Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...