Saturday, 6 December 2008

Still here ...

Had an email from one of my JE friends the other day saying I'd been very quiet lately. So just a quick note to say I'm here and stitching. It's slow going at the moment, lots of layers, lots of stitching but it doesn't really look very different. I got a new book from Amazon the other day, the fourth in a series by Katsumi Yumioka, published by Pie Books. This one is on Obi and the colours of Japan. The first two are on kimono and their colours, the third on childrens kimono. Well worth getting hold of, lots of interesting information and lots of beautiful pictures for inspiration. So off to read now for an hour and then off to work.

2 comments:

Plays with Needles said...

Jane, I just clicked over to check out those books. They all look lovely. I don't think they're listed on Amazon US so if I come into some money...I might have to order them from the UK. It looks like they're written in both English and Japanese...is that correct?

Jane said...

Yes that's right, they are in both languages. Not huge amounts of text in either, but it's very interesting information about all the colours and where they come from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...