Monday, 1 June 2009

The lesson for today ...

Well it's been a while since I worked on Braided Chrysanthemum but following a couple of days off after finishing Treasure Ship I put Braided Chrysanthemum back onto the stand and started stitching again. This one doesn't take anywhere near the amount of time as Treasure Ship and it's fun playing with all the colours. I took advantage of the lovely sunshine today to take some photos outside. Not many petals left to do on this one but I'm struggling with the light green braid on the left hand side of the photo. I started at the inner end because it's a straight section and I thought it would be easier to start there even though generally braids are started at the end closest to the stitcher. Well that'll teach me(!), there is generally a reason for these things and starting at this end has made the angle of the braid all wrong. So it'll have to come out and I'll start at the correct end even thought it's a tight curve, and therefore more difficult to start, at least the angle will be better.

So the lesson for today, do what it says in the text book.

2 comments:

coral-seas said...

Wos, you have done a fair bit of this already. Don't those colours look fab on the red. The sunshine shows them in all their glory.

CA

coral-seas said...

Ok, so I can't spell 'wow' :-)

but you know what I was trying to say, don't you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...