Friday, 14 August 2009

Back to blogging

My phase 10 and teacher classes are now over, so I'll be back to blogging my process soon. A very interesting 10 days was had. I have been given some good feedback on my embroidery along with some tips on how to improve. There is a huge amount of information to take in and process given that we went right back to the basics and reviewed every technique in minute detail. It was great to meet so many embroiderers from all around the world, 10 countries were represented in all, and to spend days talking about our shared passion for Japanese embroidery. The surroundings at Hawkwood college are beautiful and we were lucky with the weather, a little rain, but not enough to spoil anything.
Huge thanks must go to Jackie Hall for all the organising she did prior to and during the courses. Thanks as well to Tamura san and Kazumi san for travelling from JEC to teach on the courses, they had a very busy 10 days teaching 4 different courses.
Our phase 10 class was taken by Kazumi san, whose patience with all our questions over the 5 days was phenomenal. I did very little work on Kusudama during the week, but did make a start and I'll be blogging my process as I go.
During week 2 Tamura san took us through his thoughts and design ideas for a large instalment piece which will be unveiled at the World Exhibition in 2011. Many embroiderers from all over the world will be working on this piece, I'll keep a track of what I'm stitching for this but won't be blogging about it until after it has been unveiled in Australia in 2011. And just so there is some embroidery in this post - this is a photo of a lovely obi worn by Kazumi san during the week.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time Jane. I am looking forward to seeing more in the coming months. Could do with a bit of the creative muse over here!
Hugs, Sue

Jane said...

Hi Susie, thanks for the comment. It was a great 10 days, completely mind boggling going through everything in such detail. Looking forward to getting back to the actual work as not much stitching was done while we were there.
Jane

Lutine said...

It seems be a wonderfull week !!

Plays with Needles said...

Congratulations Jane! A graduate! And that is no small feat, my dear. I can only imagine how stimulating and exhausting the course must have been. I'm curious about your essay that you had to write on Nuido...care to share your thoughts?? If not, I completely understand. And another BIG HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS!!

christine said...

I am glad you had a nice time atHawkwood, I am very lucky that is where I go for my Japanese Embroidery, I have been doing it almost a year now, with jackie Hall.I am just starting my phase 4Butterfly 401,I would be interested to here if anyone else is doing this peice.I am well and trully bitten with Japanese embroidery, love your web site.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...