Friday, 30 October 2009

Chapter 2

Another post in quick succession - what is the world coming to? I blame Jane from Chilly Hollow Needlepoint, she did ask me to stitch faster. By the way Jane, very impressed with how your Rabbit Geisha came out, so glad you overcame the damage problems. No embroidery pics in this post, but I have made some more progress. I mentioned in the last post that I was going to embroider the inside of the inro in red as though it had been lacquered. Last week in discussions about colour schemes I couldn't decide which of the reds would be best to use for the lacquer. So this morning very early I took some pictures of this lovely box I own (from Ichiroya of course, are you surprised?) And of the inside ...
Then I got out some of the red silks to try them out to see which matched best. The photos don't get an exact colour reproduction, but they give you the idea.
#119 seemed to be a bit too orange.
#106 was a bit too red.
But, #228 was almost right.
#228 is a tad dark, but given that on the design the inside of the inro would be in a shadow created by the top of the box I think this colour will work. It will be worked in flat silk with short stitch holding over the top as I don't want it to be too shiny.
So all I have to do now is get on with the embroidery, watch this space ...

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for stitching faster, Jane!

I adore coming to visit to see what you are doing. It is much different from the needlepoint I do but there are some similarities and I learn things that I might apply myself on my own stitching. JE is a fascinating topic.

And thank you for the nice compliment on the Rabbit Geisha. She has turned out very well. Let's hope the finisher can hide the damaged areas well and that she graces a special tote bag for years to come.

Jane, waving from northern Virginia

Plays with Needles said...

I have had SO much fun here this morning Jane! You have been one busy lady. I love that your playing and having fun with your Japanese embroidery...Love your challenge piece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...