Thursday, 29 October 2009

Cracked it ...

... or should that be twisted it! Remember the story of Goldilocks and the three bowl of porridge. Well this is nothing like that, ha ha. Well a bit, it's the story of the brunette and the three foundations. After my last post I went back to the box chart for fan papers and checked out the instructions for the orange foundation. Turns out it is a 1F + #1G, so a ratio of one silk thread to one gold thread for any non JE readers out there, so I thought I would give that a try to see what it looked like (sorry, no pic). Decided it wasn't robust enough and was still too stripey. So foundation number three was created - 3-1T + #1G - three threads twisted into one, including a gold thread. I made this twist really, really soft, and the gold thread I used has a red fleck to it which adds a little touch of extra colour. This worked very well and I decided to use this version of the foundation.
So, this is it so far, a bit more foundation to do, then the lid and the inside of the inro which I'm going to do as a lacquered red colour.

1 comment:

coral-seas said...

By George, I think you've got it! That is certainly how I had it pictured in my head.

Love the lacquered box as well (I know that's in the next post :-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...