Monday, 4 January 2010

Kusudama, progress continues

Happy new year. I hope everyone out there in blog land enjoyed the holidays and had lots of fun. I spent a very nice christmas with family and also did lots of work on Kusudama. The snow has been quite helpful in this, can't go out, so just have to sit and stitch - shame! The foreground flower ball is almost complete and I have done more work on the background ball as well, no photos of that one yet. One of the plum blossoms is worked in a pair of gold threads couched round and round. Although this is only a small motif I am working one petal at a time and in between will do another motif. This is to break up the couching which is my least favorite technique.
This is the first petal of the plum, I've done another one since this photo was taken. It looks huge here, the scale shows better on the last photo in the post.
The small chrysanthemums which I wasn't happy with have been taken out and re-stitched. I am much happier with them, the angle is much better and the twists are much more even.
So here we are progress so far. This is really taking shape now and I love the colour scheme. I've made more progress since I took the photographs so will post that next weekend.

6 comments:

coral-seas said...

Wow, wow, wow. It really is taking shape and looking fantastic. I also love the colour scheme.

Dare I wish for lots of snow?!

Elmsley Rose said...

Oh My! This is looking just *beautiful* !!!! I gasped when I saw the first picture of the chrysanthemums.

Susie said...

So, So beautiful as always,as usual your work is amazing, here's to more snow and sewing time!

Plays with Needles said...

WOW is RIGHT! Beautiful gold chrysanthemum...and your camelias...and your pine trees and sakura blossoms...WOW again!!!

Mary Corbet said...

Absolutely Beautiful! The silk & the gold are absolutely gorgeous, and your stitching looks so perfect!

Sue said...

Miss its beautiful, coming along lovely. Sue X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...