Friday, 9 April 2010

The journey continues ...

I have received so many messages and congratulations on completing Kusudama that I am quite overwhelmed by the kindness of everyone, I am still not able to articulate all my thoughts and feelings in writing. However, I would like to take a few minutes to say a few thanks and if I miss anyone out I do apologise. To Pat and Jenny, the tutors who started me on my journey in phase one. To Margaret who has been a constant presence and support and friend, and who never stints of her knowledge, time, understanding, or enthusiasm (and who lets us raid her library of wonderful things!). To Sue who started on her own journey with me at phase one, and who has become a wonderful friend. To Carol-Anne who has helped me to come to see how I can be an positive influence on other students on their journey. To Denise who asked me to join her on her journey to bring JE to students in the North West of England. Learning from Denise in a supporting role in class has been a great way to start learning about teaching. To Maggie and Cathy, my lovely friends who were with me in our phase 10 class. And to all the other students I met in this class. To all the other students who have made my time in my classes in Bournemouth so much fun, Carol, Jennifer, Betty, Pat, Pat, Janet, Lena, and everyone else too many to list. I will be back sometime soon. To Iris who is on the other side of the world in Australia. To Susan, who is developing her own path away from JE, but her work and her blog is an inspiration to me and to many others. To my non-stitching friends and family. To Dolly Fehed and Mary-Dick Digges who I met many years ago and whose work first inspired me to take up Japanese embroidery. To Kazumi Tamura who taught our phase 10 class and who was a wonderful teacher and who never tired of our many, many questions. To Master Tamura and Mrs Tamura who brought JE out of Japan to the JEC and so to all of us in the west, to the rest of their family and all the staff of JEC. To Kureni-kai in Japan, to the Saito family and all the professionals and staff there. To the late Master Saito, his Master and all the masters and professionals before him who developed and kept this art form alive, and to all the other Masters of Japanese embroidery who are working to keep it alive today. I feel truly privileged to be part of this embroidery family which stretches so far back into history and into the future and which crosses so many borders.
To all the people who read this blog and who leave their great comments.
And last but by no means least, to the new students of Japanese embroidery here in the NW who are only just starting on their journey, and to all the other students of JE all over the world.
Hanayama - phase one - started February 2004

Kusudama - phase 10 - completed April 2010 "The Hands are the Exit of the Spirit"
Let the journey continue ...

5 comments:

Christa Evans said...

so touching!

Christine said...

What a wonderful story and post. I love it. I expect to start Phase X this fall at the Center in Atlanta. I can't believe I've made it this far. Thank you for a great blog.

MaryD said...

Ironic--I just found your blog the other day as I wait to start my first lesson. Congratulations! You are an inspiration!

JeanneC said...

I've followed your blog since beginning Phase I four years ago and always enjoyed it. It was such fun to follow your progress, a bit ahead of me, over those years. Christine and I are taking Phase IX together and I expect to be at the Center in November with her. We are so lucky to have our wonderful teacher, Tonie Evans, who is leading us through our journey with skill and kindness, and will also be with us in Atlanta. Thanks for sharing - you have been an inspiration.

Jeanne

Plays with Needles said...

Thank you for the thank you. Let's just put ourselves in the Mutual Admiration Society...I am so grateful that you share so much of your journey on your blog. Can't wait to see what's next, Janie Jane Jane...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...