Saturday, 18 September 2010

New designs

It's been pretty quiet here since we exhibited at the show a couple of weeks ago. As usual it was very busy, so much so I didn't get chance take any photos.

As usual we met lots of lovely people, all of whom were very kind about our work. Yoyo san got here own very special visitor. Rachel from VirtuoSew Adventures made the journey especially to meet her. It was wonderful to meet Rachel in 'real life' to put a face to the blog and to chat about lots of different things. Thank you Rachel for coming to visit Yoyo san (and the rest of us!).

For a while now I've been thinking about drawing up some smaller designs I've got and making them available in the etsy shop. After much prevaricating I've finally got round to drawing up a couple and loading them into the shop. At the moment the designs are very traditional Japanese designs, as I develop my own style this may change, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy them.

First is a design of an Uchiwa fan decorated with chrysanthemums. I've got a couple of designs of cypress and suehiro fans but they are still on the drawing board. If you'd like to know more about fans I did a short post on them over here on the JE blog.

Next is a section of the design of small plum blossoms which I embroidered.
Last a lovely butterfly with flowers. The butterfly is a very simple design, but lots of possibilities for different colours in this one.

3 comments:

coral-seas said...

Hi Jane, lovely designs. As you say, lots of possiblities for embroidery and not only for Japanese techniques.

Rachel said...

Jane, it was great to meet you all when I came to the show. Yoyo-San certainly lived up to my expectations!

Good luck with your new venture...!

Anonymous said...

I am adding you to my temptress list fans and butterflies :-) the designs are beautiful and I can see lots of ways of stitching them I might even have seen some silk they would go on :-) back to my poppy bag :-) Sue N XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...