My first post here was on 3rd November 2007, this is my 100th. I feel I should mark it in some way with some kind of witty remark, but I can't think of any so I'm just going to give you a progress report on Yoyo san.
The flowers that were bugging me in the last post continued to bug me so this Sunday out they came. I really liked the colour but the scale was just wrong.
For the original flowers I'd tried blister stitches, this time I had a play with knots and long legged knots, but I still wasn't happy with them. So then I tried just a very small flower made with 2-1 flat silk and with only 3 stitches to form each petal.This turned out well, so this is how they are being done. It's difficult to get all the petals an exact match with no pattern or transfer underneath to match them to, but actually I don't mind this as petals on real flowers aren't always an exact match. The little buds were done with just two or three stitches of the same thread, I put a stitch underneath each of these going in the opposite direction so the top stitch didn't sink into the foundation. I also put in a higaki pattern on two sections of the kimono.