Thursday, 3 March 2011

Blue Iris in the morning

I have decided to take a leaf out of my friend, and fellow Japanese embroiderer, Carol-Anne's book. For a while now she has been taking a bit of time each morning to work on a piece before going to work. I'm not at all a morning person but we are giving it a try and we'll see how long it lasts!! So, here my first early morning post. Blue iris is complete and once our JE class (next week) is over I shall be delivering it to my Aunt. But as she doesn't have the internet, and anyway has already seen this in progress, I thought I'd share it with you now as it won't spoil the surprise. So at 7.30 this morning I was outside, where we've got a very frosty morning, taking pictures. I like how this design has worked very much, and it was lovely just to use the simplest of techniques and concentrate on placing each stitch just so. In fact, I've enjoyed it so much I plan to do a whole series of them, all with different coloured flowers on different coloured silk (watch this space). In the meantime I'll be going back to White Blossoms and Autumn shell box.

In, as they say, other news, I'm guessing that most people out there will know of the Saatchi Gallery, well you may not know that for a while now they have had an on-line gallery where artists can show and sell work on-line. The site has recently undergone a much needed re-vamp and is much, much improved. They have also introduced a method of buying prints of pieces. You can find my profile at www.saatchionline.com/nejiribana and once I have finished updating my section, which includes taking new photos of everything at much higher resolution, you'll be able to buy both originals and prints of my embroideries.

I'm hoping the the prints section will prove to be popular as I think this will be a really great way to own a piece without the huge price tag of an original. See you there?

It's 8.30 am, what to do now? Oh yes, some embroidery, what a lovely way to start the day. Good plan Carol-Anne.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Like you, not a morning person, but maybe the morning light to take photographs by is worth rising early!

Lutine said...

It is wonderful !
Good job !

Sue said...

Thanks Jane lovely post and amazing pictures can't wait to see it for real. I am jealous of both you and Carol-Anne that you can stitch in the morning :-) Sue X

JeanneC said...

Hi Jane, Love your iris! Since I finally retired in August I can stitch all day if I want! It is such a lovely luxury that I have waited a long time for. Now I'm designing a wedding piece for my nephew, working on Kusadama and designing a calla lily design for my own pleasure. What a plethora of riches!

Jeanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...