Friday, 3 June 2011

Mary, Mary quite contrary

... how does your garden grow?

With silver bells

 Silver obi with hand embroidered cords and tassel

and cocckle shells,

 silver obi with woven chrysanthemum

 and pretty 'mades' all in a row.

  orange obi with sagara nui (knots)

 Well, I know it doesn't really match the nursery rhyme, but that tassel reminded me of a bell and I couldn't resist.  These three obi are recent purchases from Ichiroya, I bought them intending to use the undecorated portions of the silk for my own embroidery, when they arrived the embroidery and weaving was so lovely I had to share.

4 comments:

Isabelle said...

Oh Jane, your japanese embroidery is just wonderful : it is really a great pleasure to admire your pictures :-)

Elmsley Rose said...

I love that silver-on-silver broom!

Rachel said...

I've often found myself reluctant to use something when it arrived because it is too gorgeous to cut up!

Plays with Needles said...

OHHHHH!!! That silver tassel is beyond gorgeous! What a score!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...