This time I used shell powder rather than tracing paper to put on the transfer. I was surprised by how well it worked on the light blue silk.
These veins are a # 2 silver, I've couched them with a 1-2 silk in the same light blue as the silk. These have worked better this time, not sure if it was because of the shell powder transfer or because I used # 2 silver rather than a number #4.
I've re-stitched the small chrysanthemums but am still trying to figure out how to stitch the petal lines so I'll go back to these later.
I've also done some work on a section of the cord and tassel. This is 3mm wide, I wanted to make it very simple as there is so much colour in the rest of the piece. So I started with simple flat silk over a couched padding.
Two layers of padding for the tassel, one padding cotton and one silk.
A layer of horizontal silk to finish.
I decided this was too plain, but still didn't want to add much colour and I didn't want to make the cord with a distinct stripe so I made up a 1-1 twist and added that over the cord. It has added a touch of colour but not too much.
2-1 twists form the lines on the tassel. The lines were stitched and then couched into place.
Sagara nui (knots) added to the tassel.
I may have mentioned before how much I love flat silk thread. I'd pulled this thread off the reel and while I was selecting my needle it caught the light showing all the different colour variations as the thread curved.
The thread was for some more maples. There is a group of three which lie between the top and bottom sections of the design. Rather than using colour variation as in the other maples I decided to do these using the same colours but in solid colours.