Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Hari-kuyo, festival of broken needles



Today is the festival of broken needles, traditionally on this day needles which have been broken throughout the year are laid to rest in the temple and thanks are given for them.

I've not broken any needles this year so don't have any to lay to rest, but I'd like to share with you this link to the very talented Susan Elliot who has developed a short e-course to make a little needle book to keep all your needles in (including the broken ones, which can then be laid to rest next year).

Have fun.


3 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you for the link and reminding us about the festival of broken needle, I did break a needle, one of my Japanese beading needles. LOL Sue X

Susan Elliott said...

Thanks Jane. You're a pal.

Rachel said...

Susan's course does look good. However, with other courses, I'm certain I mustn't take on something else right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...