Monday, 12 March 2012

There are not enough hours in the day...

... for me to embroider all the things I want to do.  If someone could please invent a time machine I'd be very grateful.

I was away last week at my yearly Japanese embroidery class as a student.  I had a wonderful time and came back inspired by all the wonderful work that my fellow students have been producing. I took dozens of photos of a couple of very special pieces, Silent Communication and Venerable Maple.  Those of you who have studied with the JEC will know these pieces and just what an undertaking they are to produce.  I've not waded through all the images I have yet but I do have permission from Wendy to share them with you so watch this space.....

Thanks to some help and advice from my tutor I've fixed the problem with the small chrysanthemums on Autumn Shell Box, and I've got 3 new designs in my head all clamouring to get into my fingers and onto the silk. However, I'm having to be strict and not them them get the better of me because I've got a workshop at the Gallery at the Wharf on 14th April so first thing to do is to complete the embroidered version of the design.

The workshop is part of the Sakura Exhibition that the Gallery is running.  There will be lots of beautiful things on display in celebration of cherry blossom season including my own Cherries and Treasures which will be making its debut.  The exhibition runs from 6th April to 27th May, if you can make it please come along and say hello and look at all the beautiful work that my fellow artists produce.  The gallery is open from 10am-5pm. If you can visit on 7th April or 13th May come and say hello as I'll be there all day demonstrating.


Although not part of the Sakura exhibition Black Heart will also be making its debut in the Gallery in April.
  

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I know just how you feel. Sometimes I'm surprised to find that tomorrow happens after today!

Elmsley Rose said...

Congratulations on the exhibition, and I hope that you can get to the new designs soon :-)

Susan Elliott said...

I wish I could give you boat loads of stitching time but I can't. I hope you enjoy your exhbition...I returned to Japanese Embroidery this past week and I'm finishing up Eternal Grace. Your cherry blossoms are absolutely beautiful. Wish I could see them in person! Hopefully, one day...xox Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...